Good morning, afternoon, evening,
Ottavia, Anna, Patrizia, Alena, Filippo, Alessandro, Marina,
this is homework for all of you to consolidate what we started speaking and writing about in class, after listening to the article from Speak Up.
All five skills are involved, aural comprenension, i.e.listening, written comprehension, i.e.reading, written production, i.e.writing, oral production, i.e.speaking, and the final comprehensive one, interaction, once more in class.
Try to functionalize the content of the article writing answers to the questions below.
Pay great attention to formal correctness, building up simple sentences: subject, verb, complement.
1. What are holy wells?
2. Where can you find them in Ireland?
3. What was the reason for celebrating the first of November in pagan times?
4. Why did people go to visit holy wells in pagan times?
5. What did they believe in? Make examples.
6. What were these wells believed to cure?
7. Why have scientists validated some ancient people's beliefs?
Passive form and present perfect passive
8. Add any personal comment about the subject given and the work you have been asked to do.
Anyone else who wants to write comments on our page is very, very welcome.
We will reply.
Anna - Coordinator
Source:Speak Up, October 2016
Gianna: nice job, your comment.
Irish is an adjective, add people; coordinate singular and plural, do not forget indefinite articles; I would suggest celebrate rites; known around the world, past participle; even after, together after verb and object. Remember to decide when using present simple and past simple to help the comprehension of the subject.
Thank you, continue writing, Anna